Friday, August 19, 2011

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT ISLAM


this entry was copy paste from iluvislam.com

I love the meaning of Islam: submission and peace.
I love that Islam has no concept of original sin.
I love that Eve is not blamed for our fall into sinfulness.
I love that Islam is so smart about human nature.
I love that the Qur’an is one long letter from God to human beings.
I love Islam’s emphasis on moral behavior.
I love its emphasis on helping and serving others.
I love that women are cherished and honored.
I love that women are prized for their inner beauty and are not seen as sex objects.
I love that there is no gender discrimination between men and women.
I love Islam’s emphasis on the family.
I love that I have a direct line to God.
I love the prayers.
I love that we are called to make a special effort to remember God and come into His presence five times a day.
I love that Allah reveals His nature and His intentions so clearly.
I love the 99 names of Allah.
I love that Allah gave us His Messenger to guide and inspire us.
I love that Islam reveres all the prophets.
I love that Islam teaches that there is to be no distinction between people.
I love that Islam teaches peace and tolerance.
I love that Islam is all about justice and fairness.
I love Islam’s emphasis on acquiring knowledge.
I love Ramadan (and the way Allah and other Muslims help me to get through it!).
I love the Five Pillars.
I love knowing that Allah created me intentionally and knows me intimately.
I love being held accountable for my actions.
I love that Allah makes it so clear what He expects from me.
I love that there is such a thing as repentance and starting over.
I love that Allah takes into account my intentions.
I love my brothers and sisters in Islam (the ummah).
I love being known as a Muslim.
I love knowing that this life is a test and that through patience and perseverance, submission and faith, I can meet all trials with grace and humility.
Alhamdulillah!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails